Thursday, August 5, 2010

Welcome Baby Savannah!










Well, it's been awhile since my last posting, but I had a good excuse...she's finally here! On Sunday July 25th, only 6 days late, little baby Savannah Grace made her arrival into the world at 11:18am after only 4 hours of labor. The ordeal was painful but quick, and WELL worth it after seeing our little bundle of joy in our arms. She is so sweet, and I've taken to calling her "sweet pea." One of my favorite things about having a little girl is being able to dress her in so many different adorable outfits. She has a little problem with spitting up...it's more like projectile vomiting or a geyser erupting...but the bonus is many clothing changes throughout the day and night, for both mom AND baby.
Jackson handled his new sister's arriving with grace and admiration...we have it all on an adorable video. He calls her "baby sister" or "baby Savannah," and he talks baby talk to her. He is (usually) very gentle with her and is obsessed with her bouncer (whivh of course used to be his.) He even chose to sleep with her rattle tonight, cute!
It's amazing how different two siblings can be. Looking at their baby pics, they are a lot alike, but their temperaments couldn't be more different. Savannah is more needy--she eats a LOT and would much rather be cuddled than sleep in her crib. Hmm, who wouldn't? It's just hard for me sometimes when I am SO sleep-deprived and still trying to find a balance between both kids and myself. But probably the newborn period is NOT the time I am going to find that balance. All in good time.
Tomorrow is her first photo session, I'm really excited, she will be sooo cute!
Here is her bible verse:
2 Cor 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" NIV

1 comment: