Sunday, August 15, 2010

3 Weeks Old!

It's definitely harder to find time to blog with a newborn and a VERY active 2 year-old. We had Savannah's 2 week check-up this past week, and she already is 8lbs 12 oz! (She was 7lbs 7oz at birth). I see why she is such a little chubster; she eats 24/7. I think she went thru her 2 week growth spurt because there were a few days this week where all I did was sit on the couch and nurse her. We finally moved up to size 1 diapers, and we've now made it thru every newborn outfit she has. I think we will be ready soon to try the next size up. She is getting more alert, and she will actually sit in the bouncer or on the playmat for a few minutes without fussing. I want to try a swing too, just for one more option. What she REALLY loves is to be held. My new sling is a big hit; she gets to be my little kangaroo, I have 2 hands free, and I can actually DO stuff with Jackson. I even tried to nurse her in the sling, and it actually worked, I was laughing, it was pretty comical. We've decided she is a high-needs baby, unlike Jackson was, but even more reason to just heap loads of lovin' on her. Her reflux issues have gotten much better now that dairy is no longer a part of my diet. And she sleeps nearly 4 hours at a time at night now that she sleeps with me in the bed. I'm working on getting her a co-sleeper so that I don't worry so much about sleeping with her. We'll see if that works out. I still call her my little sweet pea, and I actually found a Halloween costume that is a peapod that I may end up getting her. That would be SO cute! Our baby dedication is next week, my first trip to church since her birth, so I'm really looking forward to that. These 3 weeks have been such a blessing getting to know sweet Savannah better. We're finally in sync, I think. :)

Meanwhile, Jackson is just thriving. He is so adorable lately, I just swell with pride for him. His fave thing to do right now is play basketball in the basement with his Daddy. He shouts, "Labron James for 2!" "Kobe Bryant" "MJ" "Raining Buckets!" It's hilarious. He can entertain himself for hours, literally. It's great, because my scrapbook table is downstairs, so I can watch him with Savannah in the sling and scrap away. He can sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" all the way through, "I'm a Little Teapot," and the alphabet. He knows practically all of his letter sounds, thanks to some videos and tapes that we have to use as aids. He plays very well independently now, lining up his cars and making them talk to each other, like "Hi, I'm Mader." He can jump with 2 feet and LOVES to climb on things. He still has no interest in potty training, though we're planning on stepping things into high gear soon in hopes to get him into preschool in the fall.

I have my hands full, but I love it, and I'm cherishing this time off work to enjoy being a mommy.

1 comment:

  1. What a great update! Glad to hear that things are going so well for everyone.

    ReplyDelete