Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Heaven



Day 2 of potty training, success! One accident, when we got back from dropping off the babysitter and he had clothes on; none while he was naked. We went out 2 more times, once to get the oil changed and the car washed, and he was able to hold it until we got back; and once on a stroller walk to 7-Eleven to get a slurpee--he drank it on the way home and still managed to wait to pee until we were at home. He even did #2 in the potty, yay! I tried to jump start his system with chocolate milk and a Fiber One brownie; I think it worked!

After I tucked him into bed, I heard him reading to himself, "A Potty For Me," by Karen Katz. He's been obsessed with it the last 2 days, which is funny to me because we've had it for over a year and I've read it to him practically every night at bathtime and he hasn't really cared. But I guess now that he's going thru it, it makes more sense to him. He was reading the book out loud, word for word, from memory, and he even said the phrases just how I say them. It was SOOO cute! My favorite part is when the kid pees his pants, "But Mom says, 'That's okay!'"

As I went up to check on him in bed just now, after I put Savannah to bed, he said, "Mommy, I want to go to heaven." Random. I said, "Me too." He said, "You know that ladder on my firetruck downstairs?" "Yes." "I will use that to climb up to heaven." Precious!! "Then, I will jump out of heaven onto the floor." Fun! He is so cute. Of course I told him we only can go to heaven when we die, if we believe in Jesus, but that Jesus is in our hearts right now, so we can talk to Him there. What a cutie, melted my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment