Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Saginaw Zoo



Yesterday, the Websters and Smiths visited us for our monthly dinner. The boys went golfing, while the girls plus Jackson went to the Saginaw Zoo. What a great little zoo! Not a lot of exotic animals--there were monkeys, farm animals, kangaroos, a python, and a butterfly garden--but perfect for little ones. Jackson and Sydney enjoyed the zoo train, the carousel, and the playground. Also, I tried out the baby backpack that a friend gave me hand-me-down, and it worked out really well. Jackson enjoyed being up high but close to me, and we didn't have to fight over being in the stroller.

For our dinner, I chose to try out a recipe from Family Circle, "Rich Squash Casserole", and it was delicious! I definitely recommend it. I doubled it, and it was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment