Friday, October 22, 2010

Luke 18:16

"But Jesus called the children to Him and said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.'"

Jackon is obsessed with the Bible. Praise the Lord! He has two of the same, "The Baby Bible Storybook for Boys," they are blue, and each page is a brief synopsis of a Bible story with a fun illustration to go with it. One is an older edition with slightly out of date pictures and a kitty cat placed strategically in random scenes, like in the manger of Jesus, who knew? The other is the newer edition, but it has packing tape all over it because of how many times it has been broken from overuse and slightly too enthusiastic page-turning. He also has an ABC Bible Verse Book that features great pictures of kids doing the right thing, like sharing, reading the Bible, eating their veggies, etc. Jackson's fave page is the one of the little boy reading the Bible under his covers during a thunderstorm; Jackson likes the picture of the lightning. And Jackson also likes to "steal" mine and JW's mini paperback Bible, just to hold it. One morning, he asked me to read it to him, and I tried to convince him that it wouldn't be as interesting as his story Bibles, but he wouldn't be convinced, so I started reading out of Proverbs. When I tried to stop, even though he seemed not to be paying any attention to me, he immediately asked me to keep going. I think God was trying to tell me something! There is a mini Gideon bible that he has slept with. And when he won't go to sleep at night, it's usually because he is reading his bible to himself aloud. How can I argue with that?

The title of this post is in reference to the last page of his bible storybook. There is a picture of Jesus surrounded by all the children, and this verse. One morning, Jackson started saying, "hinder them." I thought he was saying "hit 'em," because he says that a lot. But then he pointed to the page, and I realized what he was saying. How cute! He's learning the Scriptures already, praise God!

1 comment:

  1. What a neat post! I am praising God with you guys!
    Love ya,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete