Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Three More Days...

We're counting down the days before Christmas now! I only have one more day of work left this week, provided none of my pregos go into labor (knock on wood). Today was a fun day off. I had to wake up early, unfortunately, because of Mr. Early Bird (aka Jackson), but JW let me have another hour of sleep a little later in the a.m., which was much appreciated. The family went to the Y, where I had a really good workout for once--it's SO much better to work out in the daytime than at 9pm, I just have so much more energy! At home, Jackson took a nap and I set out to finish my library book which was due back today--"The Friday Night Knitting Club." It was SO good, but I cried, which made Jackson come over and say, "Mama? Hold, hold!" He's so funny. Then we cleaned a bit, played, and I headed out for a doctor's appointment--more about that another day. JW had to play guitar tonight, so it was just me and little J for dinner. I made Bruschetta Chicken Bake, which Jackson loved, surprisingly! After dinner, the troops were getting restless, so I took Jackson out to Barnes and Noble just on a whim. It turned out to be a great idea! We went to the Kids' area, where they had a Thomas the Train table and set all set up and ready to play with--Jackson had a blast! We played for nearly a half hour! Jackson' faves were the mixer and Terence the "Bulldie." No surprise there. Then, Mommy needed a Starbucks, and Jackson got his milk and a granola bar that I had in the bag. We had a great day. I love my outings with Jackson.

1 comment:

  1. I loved that book also! You know there is another one in the sequel and a holiday special too!!

    ReplyDelete