Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Happy 2009, Welcome in 2010. Our pastor just gave a fantastic sermon last week about beginning again in 2010. He focused on making the Lord the Lord of our:
1. Tongue
2. Temper
3. Talents/Treasures/Time
4. Relationships

I really want to focus on #3. I didn't realize I had such a temper, but this year I have let the devil get a foothold in my mind in this area, and I would much rather that God be in control. Being angry and sitting there steaming about things does no good, it only makes me bitter and miserable. I want to be happier. So that's one of my resolutions.

2. Continue to eat healthfully and exercise regularly, without making it "one more thing I have to do." Maybe I'll start yoga again, just to change it up a bit, so as not to make my workouts so boring.

3. Give myself a break more. I think I'm too hard on myself. I try to do so many things all the time, I get upset when I can't do them all wonderfully.

4. Be happier with my husband. I just bought a book at Anthropologie called "Finding Happiness Together," and there are 60-75 different tips on how to do this. It's all about the little things, and I want my home to be full of joy!

5. Be in the word every day. I really want this so that I can grow closer to the Lord this year.

That's enough resolutions I think. I want to make them reasonable. I remember when I was younger, the resolution list would be really long, and it would always include, "Write in my diary/journal every day," which usually lasted less than a month. It also always included, "Be nicer to my sister." Ha! I still have my journals where I listed my resolutions (usually on page 1 as I started a new diary for the year--only half filled), I should pull them out and see what I wrote back then.

This year will be great, full of changes of course, which seems to happen every year. Baby Ruff #2 will be born in July, and I can't wait to see how this pregnancy goes! I heard its heartbeat again today at clinic, just for fun, and it was very strong and very loud. Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting, you make me really think! I listened to Hads at almost every clinic in the bathroom or an empty patient room! Enjoy the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete