Friday, August 31, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Change

(Part of a series by lisajobaker.com)

What an appropriate title for a post at this stage in my life right now!  We are about to embark on a BIG CHANGE.  I'm about to pack up my family and my duplex and move from Saginaw, MI to Durham, NC.  Our life has come full circle.  When we last lived in Durham, I was a Family Medicine resident at UNC; we had been recently married, were living in our first co-habitated dwelling, and had a 4 month old baby boy.  Now, 4 years later, I am an "experienced" family physician, about to be part of the faculty of UNC and working for my all time favorite UNC-associated clinic; we have been married for 6 years; and our little baby is now 4 and a half years old and has a little 2 year old sister to accompany him.  And we are just so HAPPENING to be moving back into the SAME apartment complex where we started out 4 years ago.  And I breathe a sigh of relief.  The CHANGES that we have gone through during our relatively short marriage I have not always welcomed with grace, and they have been difficult ones.  I am hopeful that THIS change will be different; it is one that we have been waiting for expectantly, with hope for a bettering of ourselves somehow.  We know we can't run away from life and hope it is going to magically be BETTER somewhere else, but we are trusting that since it is our LORD and our GOD who is calling us to return to Durham, He will be able to show us even more of His blessings as we do His work in Chapel Hill and Durham.  CHANGE is hard; we will cry, miss our family, miss our friends; I will miss my colleagues and patients deeply as well; but I am trusting that since this CHANGE is authored by the Maker of the Universe, it will be GOOD.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."--Romans 8:28


No comments:

Post a Comment