Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day!

Well, I'm at work, but the whole world has a snow day. And surprisingly I am pretty busy at work, too. JW, bless his heart, shoveled for an hour this morning and didn't even get half of the driveway done, and our street didn't get plowed until 10:30am. I didn't know how I would make it out of our neighborhood, so I got a co-worker to pick me up after I trekked through the snowy streets to the main road.

Yesterday was a great day. It was Tuesday, my day off, so JW, Jackson, and I went to the YMCA to work out. Then, I took Jackson out on a "date." We spent about an hour at Hobby Lobby, since I have never been to the one here in Saginaw, and it was SO much fun! All of their scrapbooking supplies were 50% off, so I bought a few things. Jackson had a blast; we found him a "Cars" book and he occupied himself by reading it in the shopping cart, as well as by pointing out all of the humongous speakers and fans hanging from the ceiling. After that, we went to Barnes and Noble. We split a panini sandwich, Mozarella, Tomato, and Pesto, and he ate the whole half! I got a coffee, Jackson enjoyed his organic milk, then we went to the children's section to play with the Thomas the Train set. Jackson had a blast, and I occupied myself with reading about toddler discipline. We called it a day when I smelled a dirty diaper. :)

After coming home, we spent about 2 hours trying to put him down for his nap. JW was the one who finally succeeded. So I went out with a friend to see the movie, "To Save a Life." It's a Christian movie, very well-made and not cheesy at all, and it had such a great message. I was crying like a baby at the end, not because it was sad, but it really was touching. We came home, enjoyed the Broccoli Ham Ring recipe from Pampered Chef, and I tutored my friend in conversions. Fun. The day ended with an episode of Lost. What a great day!

I never blogged about the weekend, either. On Saturday we went to Perchville in Tawas, MI. We hung out with our family and it was great. Jackson had such a fun time playing with his cousins. Unfortunately, he had no nap, so by the end of the day, he was getting crazy. The funniest part of the day was when I let him run around in only his diaper, and he had a ball! He kept saying, "Nudie, nudie!" and smiling and laughing, it was adorable.

Sunday we went to church, and Jackson got to play the big drums! He was in his glory (picture to follow). Then we had our friends over for the Superbowl, and that was a lot of fun, too.

Well, I better get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment