Monday, March 22, 2010

23 weeks

So I had a pregnancy milestone. When I woke up this morning, with a sharp stomach pain, and set my hands on my stomach as a reflex, I finally realized what these pains I've been having off and on this week are--Braxton Hicks contractions! I've been thinking maybe it was gas, but this morning I realized my stomach was rock-hard, like a contraction, and when the pain went away, it was soft again. I'm glad to know what it is, I never had these with Jackson. God is always preparing me for being better able to relate to my patients who always think they're dying when they have the slightest little ache/pain. Multiplied x 10 if they are pregnant. I'm glad to know I'm not dying.

This weekend was great. It seemed like it was my first weekend totally off in a long time. It was so nice not to have to go anywhere. I got a huge chunk of packing done, which was awesome, I feel a lot better about that. Jackson and I had a great time together, he is cracking me up. He actually counted to 14 the other day! Not to be repeated, but it was pretty amazing. He's pretty consistent from 1-5. He is also obsessed with sitting on the potty, pants and socks off, to "potty-train," which he says. It's usually AFTER he's already peed his diaper, but at least he's trying. It's really funny.

This week doesn't seem too bad, I'm going to try to get some more packing done. We only have 2 weekends left to pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment