Thursday, April 4, 2013

Refreshed

So I know my latest posts have been a bit glum, but sometimes that's how life is right?  I'm just being real.  Life is hard.  Sometimes harder than others.  But thanks to Christ Jesus, I won't give up, and I know I'm not alone, and I never give up  hope.  So that makes things less depressing.

A lot of my irritability has been due to lack of sleep.  Both of my kids have decided my bed is more cozy than theirs, specifically my pillow--so 3 heads on 1 pillow, not my most cozy night's sleep ever.  So sleep deprivation definitely makes things seem a lot worse than they are.  But last night, Savannah stayed in her crib all night, so I just had Jackson next to me, and it was a lot better.  I woke up refreshed, able to shower alone before he woke up (score!), able to read a devotional (even better), life is good.

Also, we've been blessed this week with having our dear friends stay with us, and it is just so refreshing to have kindred spirits to hang out with.  It's chaotic with 4 kids, but joyous and fun.  It feels so nice to have some adult conversations with friends (4 kids do a pretty good time entertaining themselves, and sometimes a movie helps too, ha!) and to feel understood by people who actually do know what you're going through. 

So I feel much better today, wanted to write a post when I'm feeling "up" since a lot of them have been "blah," and I don't want anyone to worry too much, ha!  I still smile a lot, and I still know in my heart that life is good.

Psalm 23: 1-4
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for His name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.





2 comments:

  1. I read this and the thought came to me that life (and especially life with children) is so much more unpredictable, demanding, wonderful, mysterious, thrilling, unknowable, and meaningful than we ever might have imagined when we were young. In the midst of this, it is a great comfort to know we have a Good Shepherd with us.

    (BTW, is it even legal to comment on a four-year-old blog post? :-) )

    ReplyDelete